10 Days Classic Kenya Safari Tour in Adamson
10 Days Classic Kenya Safari Tour in Adamson
10 Days Classic Kenya Safari Tour in Adamson allows one to relish an amazing safari, take the Wildebeest migration and survey the footsteps of Joy Adamson on your classic safari in Kenya
10 Days Classic Kenya Safari Tour in Adamson Safari Experience
Track Joy Adamson`s footsteps on 10 days classic safari containing a mixture of scheduled and light aircraft transfer flights around Kenya. This safari offers a good balance between the less popular game parks and the famous game reserves of Kenya. Including the Iconic Masai Mara in a safari visit to Kenya is absolute and Kenya is rich in safari destinations so your choice depends on snootiness and solitude. The rolling and mixed landscapes of Kenya vary from the arid Samburu to the watercourses of Meru plains.
The family of George & his wife Joy Adamson raised Elsa the lioness, rehabilitated the lion as the famous book and Movie “Born Free”. The journey starts from Nairobi to Meru national Park where Elsa the lioness was trained about how to live in the wild by Adamson. Explore Meru National Park on game drives in a 4×4, walk among the plains, take the balloon flight of the plains or enjoy the tranquility of night game drives in search of nocturnal animals.
- Undertake day game drives, night game drives and bush walks to explore Kenya`s wildlife areas.
- Explore the rare semi-arid species of Northern Kenya, such as the Beisa Oryx, Grevy`s Zebra, Somali Ostrich, gerenuk and reticulated giraffes.
- Observe the rare black and white rhinos of Meru national Park
- Track the footsteps of George & Joy Adamson and their lion from “Born free” famous movie and book.
- Experience the great migration in the Masai Mara-the world`s ever greatest wildlife spectacle, and observe the many predators that abound in the area
- Enjoy delicious meals while dining in style, out in the bush.
- Relish the sightseeing from the charming and elegant safari camps
Detailed Safari Itinerary of the 10 Days Classic Kenya Safari Tour in Adamson
Day 1: Fly from Nairobi to Meru National Park view Lodge
Relish a leisurely breakfast in the morning before catching your scheduled flight from Nairobi Wilson Airport to Meru National Park, a safari guide will meet you and transfer you to the camp using a 4×4 drive where you will stay for the next 4 nights.
This short transfer is like an introduction to the region. Arriving at the camp for lunch and after, embark on your first game drive in the afternoon.
Day 2-3: Explore Rivers, Baobabs on Game Drives and Walks View Lodge
Spend your second and third day of the safari in Meru National Park- a famous home of Elsa the Lioness of Born Free fame where she was raised by Gorge & Joy Adamson.
Enjoy the tranquility of the area and the memorable wildlife encounters on your guided game drives every day. Undertake guided bushwalks in the company of an expert guide to explore the small inhabitants of the bush. Take photographs in the rush riverine forests that contrast with the huge dry open plains marked with baobabs. Meru is a pristine park of Kenya, have fun in the remote and jagged atmosphere found here.
Day 4: Transfer to Samburu Game Reserve
Depart early morning from the camp for your last game drive in Meru national park, return back in time for breakfast before transferring to the airstrip for a flight to Samburu National Reserve.
You driver guide will be waiting at the airstrip in Samburu to welcome you and drive you to the camp where you will send three nights. You will arrive the camp in time for lunch and undertake an afternoon gam drive after lunch and short relaxation. Look out for large cats like the rare cheetahs that are found in Samburu.
Day 5-6: Explore Elephants and Birds.
River Ewaso Nyiro that borders Buffalo springs and Samburu National reserve attracts masses of elephants and other desert animals such as the rare Grevy`s zebra and Besia oryx.
Undertake game drive to search for animals including the rare gerenuk and cheetah-the fastest animal on land. You also have chances of spotting wild dog here. Do bush walks and relish sumptuous bush breakfasts on the shores of River Ewaso Nyiro as you watch the prolific birds. this region is a birders paradise with over 450 species that have been recorded in the area from the arid northern bush country that are joined by riverine forest bird species.
Day 7: Fly to Masai Mara National Reserve View Lodge
Relish on a morning breakfast and head to the airstrip for a flight to Masai Mara-Kenya`s leading travel highlights. Upon arrival at the airport in Masai Mara, you will be welcomed by the driver guide who will then transfer you to the lodge in a comfortable 4×4 company vehicle. Visiting Masai Mara is excellent all year round but it is most famous for the great migration of wildebeests and zebras in the months from July to October.
Day 8-9: Predators and Prey View Lodge
Spend these two days on your luxury Kenya safari to explore the plains of the Masai Mara spread with antelope on game drives. Masai Mara is also home to various predators such as prides of lions, leopards and cheetahs among others. The park also includes the African Big five namely lions, leopards, elephants, buffalos, and rhinos.
Discover the secrets of the savannahs together with then Masai warriors on a guided bush walk. The day begins with watching the dawn break and coffee around the fire before departing with picnic lunch for a game drive in search of wildlife. The day ends with sipping cold sundowners and views of the sun set as it paints the sun with many colors of rays in a blaze of glory. Retire back to the camp for sumptuous dinner and overnight.
Day 10: Farewell
This is your last day of the 10 days Meru, Samburu & Mara classic safari and you will have time for the game drive in Masai Mara in the early morning. Return back to the camp for breakfast before heading to the airstrip for a flight back to Nairobi at Wilson Airport. For travel arrangements, contact our company specialists. And this marks the end of your safari.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Related Kenya Safari Tour Packages
East Africa Safari Destinations
GET IN TOUCH WITH ONE OF OUR LOCAL TRAVEL EXPERTS
Book our Safaris with Confidence Whether you’re a seasoned adventurer or embarking on your first safari, this essential resource equips you with the knowledge and tools to plan and book your dream wildlife expedition with the absolute assurance
we provide expert advice, insider tips, and practical recommendations to ensure a seamless and unforgettable safari experience. Unleash your wanderlust and dive into the captivating world of safari travel, knowing that you have all the tools to embark on your journey with confidence.”
We’re here to assist you with your needs. If you have any questions about our packages or services, feel free to reach out to us