4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano Hiking
4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano Hiking
Overview of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking
4Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking is detailed to offer you a memorable encounter with mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park by undertaking the remarkable gorilla trekking experience. The trip also involves an active adventure of climbing the Bisoke Volcano which will reward you with the best scenic views ever while the last day Kigali city encounter will open your doors to view the effects of the 1994 genocide and how Rwanda has since transformed into a modern state.
Safari Highlight of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Drive to Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Embark on gorilla trekking experience in the Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Climb the Bisoke Volcano
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Drive back to Kigali & do a city tour.
Description for the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking
Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Drive to Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda
Before embarking on this 4 day Rwanda gorilla trekking adventure, you will have first have an early breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali after which you will transfer with the help of our guide to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive. You will arrive early for Lunch and simple relaxation. In the afternoon, you will either embark on the nature walk to the awesome twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera amidst magical bird sights and amazing scenery or you can opt for the Iby’ iwachu cultural village to have a detailed encounter of the Kinyarwanda Culture.
Accommodation: Virunga Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Gorilla Mountain View Lodge (Midrange/standard) or Kinigi Guest House (Budget/basic).
Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Embark on gorilla trekking experience in the Volcanoes National Park.
While on your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, you will wake up for an early cup of coffee before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This short briefing is designed detail the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. You have one full hour encounter with gorillas after which you will retreat to your lodge for relaxation carrying with you a certificate of gorilla tracking.
Accommodation: You will stay at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Climb the Bisoke Volcano.
After breakfast, embark on a whole day hike of Mount Bisoke 3,711m above sea level. Stunning with its two cones that were formed out of eruption in 1957 , the Bisoke Volcano contains an amazing crater Lake known as Lake Ngezi about 11km from the summit. This activity on your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda involves ascend of four (4) hours from the departure point. You will be astonished by a walk around the Crater Lake and stunning sights of Virunga ranges in Uganda, Rwanda and Democratic of Congo. The activity takes about 7 hours including ascending and descending. You will return to the lodge for relaxation and memory sharing.
Accommodation: Spend a night at your previous lodge.
Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Bisoke Volcano hiking: Drive back to Kigali & do a city tour.
Transfer early enough from the gorilla safari destination of volcanoes National Park – Rwanda to Kigali. This will take you 3 hours to cover 116km to Kigali city. Upon arrival, you will do a city tour visiting the Gisozi genocide memorial site to pay tribute to the victims of the 1994 Rwandan genocide. You will also visit the presidential palace museum and the art and craft centers in Kigali after which you will retire for relaxation or departure.
Your Safari Route
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Other Related Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safaris
East Africa Safari Destinations
GET IN TOUCH WITH ONE OF OUR LOCAL TRAVEL EXPERTS
Book our Safaris with Confidence Whether you’re a seasoned adventurer or embarking on your first safari, this essential resource equips you with the knowledge and tools to plan and book your dream wildlife expedition with the absolute assurance
we provide expert advice, insider tips, and practical recommendations to ensure a seamless and unforgettable safari experience. Unleash your wanderlust and dive into the captivating world of safari travel, knowing that you have all the tools to embark on your journey with confidence.”
We’re here to assist you with your needs. If you have any questions about our packages or services, feel free to reach out to us