6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour
Overview of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour
6Days Uganda Gorilla Safari commences and ends in Kampala city, the Uganda’s capital. It involves gorilla trekking encounter in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Wild game viewing and recreational boat encounters in Queen Elizabeth National Park and Chimpanzee trekking experience in Kibale National Park.
Safari Highlight of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour
- Day 1 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 2 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Do gorilla trekking
- Day 3 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Do game drive & boat cruise
- Day 5 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Kibale National Park & do an afternoon Chimpanzee trekking
- Day 6 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Kampala & visit Nakayima tree en route in Mubende.
Description for the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour
Day 1 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After breakfast at your place of stay in Kampala, embark on the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Rushaga) 510km about 11 hours’ drive in the south west of Uganda. You will make a stop at the equator 77km from Kampala at Kayabwe for photo shoots and amazing water experiments to justify the geographical divide between the southern and northern hemispheres. Continue for a lunch stop at Igongo Cultural center 12km to Mbarara town. You will arrive in Bwindi in the evening for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Valley Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Wagtail Eco-Safari Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 2 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Do gorilla trekking
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Park Headquarters at Rushaga for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This gives highlights about the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and return to the lodge for relaxation.
Accommodation: You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast embark on the transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park 309km from Rushaga in the south of Bwindi. You will drive along the eastern side of Bwidi Impenetrable forest and along the rolling hills of Kigezi that have earned it a dub as the Switzerland of Africa. You will enter Queen Elizabeth National Park from the south in the Ishasha sector and a simple game drive in search of tree climbing lions can be made. Proceed to check in at your lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Enganzi Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Pumba Safari Cottages (Budget/Basic).
Day 4 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Do game drive & boat cruise
Depart at 06:00am to encounter the rewarding Queen Elizabeth National Park game drive through the Kasenyi tracks. This early departure gives you possibilities of seeing the early risers and the night hunters retreating to their hiding places including the rare leopard, side stripped jackal, hyena, and owls among others. The morning game drive will also give you a possibility to see herds of elephants, buffalos, pride of lions, warthogs and a range of antelopes. You will retire from the 3 – 4 hours game drive and embark to the lodge for relaxation and lunch. In the afternoon, embark on the transfer to Mweya for Kazinga channel launch cruise that starts at 3pm lasting for two hours. You have opportunities of spotting hippos, Nile crocodiles, birds on the water shore and counts of wildlife like elephants and buffaloes drinking on the channel side. Retire for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: You will spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 5 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Kibale National Park & do an afternoon Chimpanzee trekking
After breakfast, you will embark on the drive to Kibale National Park. The drive is quite rewarding with the splendid views of Rwenzori Mountains and the Rift valley features before arriving in Kibale in the evening. It is 157km about 4 hours’ drive. Upon arrival, you will have lunch and gather at Kanyanchu to prepare for the chimpanzee trekking encounter. It is such amazing encounter that will not only expose you to chimps but also to other 12 primate species, range of birds and amazing flora that are medicinal or trees whose age is overwhelming. The one hour contact with Chimps is very rewarding as you look at Chimpanzees rolling through the tree branches, munching their fruits, socializing and young chimps demonstrating their playful tactics. The activity takes 2 – 5 hours. After the chimp trekking encounter, transfer to your lodge for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Primate Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Chimpanzee Guest House (Midrange/Standard) or Kibale Forest Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 6 of the 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour: Transfer to Kampala & visit Nakayima tree en route in Mubende.mpala
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Kampala 358km about 7 hours’ drive. You will make a stop in Mubende to visit Nakayima tree –the great heritage tree that dates back in the pre-historic era with great traditional significance. You will also have lunch in Mubende town and then embark on the transfer to Kampala arriving in the evening.
End of safari: 6 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife tour
Your Safari Route
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162 – Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380 – Email; email@example.com Or info@firstname.lastname@example.org