7 Day Classic Meru and Masai Mara Kenya Safari
Overview of the 7 Day Classic Meru and Masai Mara Kenya Safari:
7Days Kenya safari in Meru national park and Masai Mara national reserve is an amazing safari that offers one the opportunity to explore the home where Elsa the lioness of the famous book and movie “Born Free” was raised by George and Joy Adamson and finally released back in the wild. Meru national park also inhabits diverse wildlife such as the endangered lesser Kudu, reticulated giraffes among others in its semi desert plains dotted with baobabs.
Enjoy the breathtaking endless plains of the Masai Mara national reserve famous for Great Migration of wildebeests during your luxury Kenya safari. Visit Masai Mara national reserve offers one an opportunity to see what’s beyond the documentaries of this wildlife extravaganza that have been filmed. Game drives and game walks in Masai Mara offers the authentic experience of wildlife from a clear and close range including predators like lions, leopards, hyenas among others under the guidance of professional local guides.
Highlights of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour
- Day 1 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour:Flight Transfer to Meru National Park
- Day 2 – 3 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Explore and Experience Meru National Park
- Day 4 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Transfer to Masai Mara National Reserve
- Day 5 – 6 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Explore the Big Cats and Small Creatures of Masai Mara.
- Day 7 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Return Back to Nairobi
7 Days Classic Kenya Safari Highlights
- Exploring Meru National park with its thirteen crossing rivers and various wildlife habitats.
- Opportunity to see black and white rhinos in the rhino sanctuary of Meru
- Meru is a famous home for lions – made famous from the film and book “Born Free”
- Luxury accommodation with a 1920’s safari feel about it and remarkable sightseeing.
- Unequalled game viewing in the Masai Mara offering high chances of seeing leopards, cheetahs and lions
A Detailed 7 Days Meru & Maasai Mara Kenya Safari
Day 1 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour:Flight Transfer to Meru National Park
After morning breakfast, Fly from Nairobi city to Meru National Park. Our company representative guide will drive you to the lodge, enjoying a game drive en route.
Search for crocodiles and hippos as you traverse the rivers, colobus and vervet monkeys in the tree canopies along the watersides. The plain savannahs are spotted with acacia trees and mighty baobabs, which attract lots of elephants, in their escape from the African scorching sun.
The Elsas Kopje safari camp is nestled on top of a large kopje, providing panoramic views all over the park. Undertake an afternoon game drive towards the forest area and look out for kudus and caracal, that are usually spotted here.
Accommodation: Elsas Kopje Kenya Safari Camp
Day 2 – 3 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Explore and Experience Meru National Park
Be woken up by the stout calls of birds and animals in the morning to see the snoozing hyraxes gathered on top of your solar panel, as you move down to the safari vehicle for a morning game drive. Enjoy the views of sun rise and the nocturnal game as they look for shelter while the plains game rejoices for another night of survival.
Roam through the diverse habitats, along the numerous forests, rivers and open savannahs. Look out for gerenuk standing up on their hind legs, to feed on the yummy lower branches of acacias.
While the stretch their longer necks upwards to get to the best bits. The Gigantic reticulated giraffes with their black tongues which bare the thorns as they feed on the upper leaves. Among other wildlife.
Accommodation: Elsas Kopje Kenya Safari Camp
Day 4 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Transfer to Masai Mara National Reserve
Enjoy breakfast and drive to the airstrip for a scheduled flight to the Masai Mara. The sightseeing in the flight offers a great opportunity to take in the scope of the scenery of Kenya. Enjoy some of the best wildlife views in Africa on your way to the camp, search for Topi that usually stand proudly on top of an anthill. Look out for cheetahs hiding in the golden green savannas, waiting to hunt any passing game.
Relax at the lodge, offering great views of the river right from the comfort of your balcony and look at a variety of mammals coming down to quench their thirst. Undertake a game drive in the afternoon with your guide and experience the beauty of the Masai Mara. Retreat back to camp at the time of sunset to savor some pre-dinner drinks and canapés while encircling the fire.
Accommodation: Richards River Camp
Day 5 – 6 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Explore the Big Cats and Small Creatures of Masai Mara.
Masai Mara is a huge land of open plains marked with canopy Acacia trees. Meander the Mara reserve in a safari vehicle driven by an expert, knowledgeable and experienced guide who well knows the area.
Understand much about the mesmerizing termites, who inhabits the tower across the plains. Smell the unique sample of the African plants as you learn about their healing properties that the Maasai people apply for healing today.
On your game drives, look at herds of Elephants, graceful Giraffes and plains game. See the leopards flagging in a tree while the cheetahs and lions determined on a kill. The Masai Mara can be visited all year round for exceptional game viewing.
It is famous for its large focusses of big cats and plenty of resident wildlife and not forgetting the enigmatic Maasai people themselves.
Accommodation: Richards River Camp
Day 7 of the 7 Days Meru & Masai Mara Safari in Kenya tour: Return Back to Nairobi
On the last morning of your Meru and Masai Mara Kenya Safari, undertake a final game drive in the Masai Mara. Enjoy breakfast before your driven to the airstrip to catch a scheduled flight back to Wilson Airport in Nairobi Kenya.
You will be met by our representative who will drive you to the international airport or consult one of our Destination experts to book an extra accommodation in Nairobi.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Location; Bwebajja, 50 meters off Entebbe road Behind St. James church Bwebajja. P.O BOX 16373, Wandegeya. Kampala
Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380
Email; email@example.com Or info@firstname.lastname@example.org
Related Kenya Safari Tours
5 Days Kenya Safari Tour to luxury beach in Malindi town, Enjoy various water sports, learn about the historical Malindi town, relish on the coastal beaches and taste the delicious seafood. Read More
6 Days Maasai Mara Kenya Safari, Lake Nakuru & Amboseli National Parks Tour, gives a clear experience of the African wildlife safari that leave one with the rest of life 6 days safari memory. Read More
6 Days Maasai Mara Kenya Safari & Great Rift Valley Tour, is a classic trip that provides one with the opportunity to explore the abundant wildlife and Vibrant cultures of Kenya. Read More
6 Days Maasai Mara Kenya Safari – Nakuru & Samburu Game Reserves, offer an outstanding wildlife experience. Samburu National Reserve is a famous destination for inhabiting. Read More
Short Kenya Wildlife Safari Tours
3 Days Kenya Safari to Tsavo East & Tsavo West National Parks, starts and ends in Nairobi and features a scenic drive to Tsavo East National Park, extensive. Read More
3 Days Kenya wildlife safari to Amboseli National park offers an opportunity to explore the park that is most famous for inhabiting herds of elephants. Read More
3 Days Kenya Wildlife Safari to Maasai Mara National Reserve, is one of the most extraordinary Wildlife Safaris that travelers with limited time should take. Read More