Gorilla trekking rules
The gorilla trekking rules and regulations are standard and apply to gorilla safari destinations of Uganda and Rwanda so as to ensure the thriving of the critically endangered mountain gorillas and at the same time the satisfaction of gorilla safari tour undertakers.
Before heading for tracking in the forest.
1. The number of people allowed to trek each gorilla family are limited to Eight (8) people per day.
2. You have to wash your hands before departing for gorilla trekking experience.
On your way to gorillas:
1. Avoid noise while on your way looking for gorillas.
2. Avoid littering in the forest as you pose danger to gorillas and other fauna and also destroy the ecosystem setting.
3. You first walk to the point where the gorillas were last seen yesterday and then track them from there.
4. Pay attention to the guide’s alert message about the closeness of gorillas.
When you’re with gorillas:
1. You have to maintain a seven (7) m distance (21ft) away from gorillas in order to prevent gorillas from human diseases that can be easily transferred since the DNA is close within two species.
2. Do not stray a way from other trekkers while having a direct encounter with gorillas. Stay in one batch.
3. You have to keep the voices very low and you are free to ask some questions to the guide in an orderly manner.
4. In case the gorilla charges, you have to follow the guides instruction where you are required to crouch slowly, avoid eye to eye contact and create a way through for gorillas. Desist from running.
5. Avoid flash photography and be careful of your moves in the process of taking pictures.
6. Avoid the temptation of touching gorillas.
7. One full hour is availed to you to maximize your interaction with gorillas. However, this may be altered and the session comes to an end before reaching one hour in case the gorillas charge.
8. Keep the voices very low until you are 200m away from them.
General health rules
Due to close DNA with human beings, Mountain gorillas can easily contract the diseases that are suffered by people. Therefore, it is important to note of the following;
1. Be able to respect the carrying capacity of a gorilla family per day.
2. For a sick or an infected gorilla trekker with a contagious disease, he/she is required to voluntarily remain behind as alternative gorilla trekking activity can be arranged or a refund can alternatively be made.
3. In case you want to sneeze or cough, you are required to turn away your head in the opposite side of the gorillas and close your mouth.
4. Respect the seven (7) m gap from the mountain gorillas.
5. Avoid throwing rubbish some of which include food packages as they possess harmful bacteria that would infect gorillas if they test on the dumped food.
6. In case you want to ease yourself, let the guide know so as to dig for you a 30cm hole after which you will carefully cover with soil.
Top Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages & Rwanda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages
Short Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages
The short gorilla safaris in Uganda are designed to enable mini break holiday makers to enjoy the taste of nature and encounter the world’s critically endangered mountain gorillas. These short Uganda Gorilla Safaris range from 3 Days Uganda gorilla safari to 4 Days Uganda gorilla safari, 5 Days Uganda gorilla safari and 6 Days Uganda gorilla safari. The short gorilla safaris are less costly and enable the limited time clients to have an encounter with attractions that they never thought of. The short gorilla safaris to Uganda are well detailed and designed to maximize your Uganda safari experience thus worth undertaking. View More Short Uganda Gorilla Safaris
Long Uganda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages
The long gorilla safaris in Uganda are designed to last a couple of days and are designed to enable Uganda gorilla safari undertakers have an extended encounter with gorillas along with other Uganda safari attractions like other primates, wildlife, scenery and culture. The Long safaris in Uganda extend up to 24 days and are comprehensively designed to enable Uganda safari undertakers to explore Uganda in detail. The destination Uganda is very diverse and every corner has got rich attractions and activities can keep you mesmerized throughout your long gorilla safari in Uganda. Taking you to the virgin wilderness of Kidepo up to the Impenetrable forests of Bwindi in the south west for gorilla trekking while traversing the Chimpanzee trekking destinations of Kibale, wildlife havens of Murchison Falls and Queen Elizabeth National Park along with scenic wonders of the snowcapped mountains of the moon among other attractions like the worldly hospitable people. View More Long Uganda Gorilla Safaris
Short Rwanda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages
The short gorilla safaris to Rwanda are designed to enable mini break holiday makers to enjoy the taste of nature and encounter the world’s critically endangered mountain gorillas. Our short Gorilla safari trips range from one (1) day Rwanda gorilla safari, 2 Days Rwanda gorilla tour, 3 Days Rwanda gorilla safari trip, 4 days Rwanda gorilla safari tour to 5 Days Rwanda gorilla trekking safari.
The short Rwanda gorilla tours are less costly and enable the limited time clients to have an encounter with attractions that they never thought of. The short gorilla safaris to Rwanda are well detailed and designed to maximize your Rwanda safari experience thus worth undertaking. View More Short Rwanda Gorilla Safaris
Long Rwanda Gorilla Safari Tour Packages
The long gorilla safaris to Rwanda are designed to last a couple of days and are designed to enable Rwanda gorilla safari undertakers have an extended encounter with gorillas along with other Rwanda safari attractions like wild game, primates, culture and scenery. Our Long gorilla tours in Rwanda can stretch up to 12 Days. The long Rwanda Gorilla safaris are designed to suit the interests of travelers with enough time at their disposal and resources.
These long safaris in Rwanda take you to southern heritage sites of Butare, south western tracts of Nyungwe, western recreational destinations of Lake Kivu, north western gorilla destinations of Volcanoes and eastern wild game destination of Akagera. View More Long Rwanda Gorilla Safaris