6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking
Overview of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking
6Days Rwanda Primate & Cultural Safari is a perfect blend of nature and heritage of Rwanda. It avails the tourism products in Kigali city and Butare town including genocide memorials, Presidential and Kings’ Palaces, National Museum and art galleries in conjunction with the nature offering of Nyungwe Forest which include; the man’s closest relative – Chimpanzees, colobus Monkey, the great Nyungwe forest Canopy Walk and the tea estates of Gisakura. This is a great Rwanda safari package and it is worth undertaking for it will generate lasting safari memories.
Safari Highlight of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking
- Day 1 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Undertake Kigali city tour
- Day 2 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Encounter Butare – the first capital of Rwanda.
- Day 3 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Drive to Nyungwe & track colobus monkeys.
- Day 4 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Carry out Chimp trekking experience
- Day 5 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Canopy walk & visit the Gisakura tea estate.
- Day 6 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Transfer back to Kigali.
Description for the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking
Day 1 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Undertake Kigali city tour
After your breakfast, embark on Kigali city tour to mark the commencement of your 6 days Rwanda Primate & Cultural safari. On this city tour, you have a lot to enjoy ranging from the sorrowful Gisozi Genocide memorial site to the Presidential Palace which belonged to the former president Juvenal Habyarimana where you will also be able to see the remains of the FALCON 50 presidential plane that was brought down on 6th April 1994. You will also encounter the amazing Kigali suburbs including down town Kigali and Hotel des Mille Collines – the site for the Movie Hotel Rwanda.
Accommodation: Kigali Serena Hotel (Luxury/upmarket), Hotel Chez Lando (Midrange/standard) or Murugo Rwanda Hostel (Budget/basic).
Day 2 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Encounter Butare – the first capital of Rwanda.
After breakfast, embark on your 6 days Primate and cultural safari in Rwanda by undertaking a scenic drive southwards of Kigali 142km about 3 hours’ drive to the area of Butare – the traditional capital of Rwanda where the Kings had their palaces. Butare is the richest cultural destination in Rwanda and its authentic attractions will definitely leave you in a state of wonder. Mentioning the Nyanza Palace traditionally known as Rukaari which was the residence of the King Musinga and his successor King Rudahigwa appearing in its typical architectural style that was bestowed upon it in the 19th century is quite rewarding. You will also visit the National museum or Ethnography Museum in Butare with over 100,000 artifacts, genocide memorial sites of Murambi and Nyanza and great encounter with the local people that still have the taste of the country side.
Accommodation: Barthos Hotel (Upmarket/Luxury), Hotel Faucon (Midrange/Standard) or Shalom Guest House (Budget/Basic).
Day 3 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Drive to Nyungwe & track colobus monkeys.
After breakfast transfer to Nyungwe forest National Park 155km about 3 hours’ drive from Butare town. You will drive along the farmed landscapes of Rwanda with their undulating topography before encountering the biggest montane forest in East Africa – Nyungwe Forest which has existed since prehistoric era and is considered to have survived the last ice age thus justifying its high level of bio-diversity concentration. Arrive early for Lunch and short relaxation before embarking on the colobus monkey tracking in the afternoon. Nyungwe is gifted with the largest colobus monkey grouping n the whole of Africa thus be part of such encounter to see over 400 colobus monkeys with their white and black body adornment roll themselves in the branches of this pre historic forest! Something to that will make you remember your 6 day Rwanda Primate and Cultural safari forever.
Accommodation: Nyungwe Forest Lodge (Luxury/Upmarket), Nyungwe Hill Top Hotel (Midrange/ Standard) or Gisakura Guest House (Budget/Basic).
Day 4 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Carry out Chimp trekking experience
Wake up for an early morning cup of coffee before embarking on Chimp trekking experience at 08:00am in the Forest of Nyungwe – Rwanda. The experience is quite rewarding as you see Chimps roll down the tree branches; munching fruits, young ones playing amidst their amazing sounds. Their playful and food gathering tactics will leave you in a state of marvel prompting you to fill your camera with amazing photos. In the evening, you can opt to do a community tour to adjacent eco-villages like Friends of Nyungwe Cultural Village and Banda Cultural Village to get immersed in the way of life of the local people and enjoy their traditional performances.
Accommodation: You will spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 5 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Canopy walk & visit the Gisakura tea estate.
After breakfast as part of your 6 days Rwanda Primate & Cultural safari, embark on the Nyungwe Forest canopy walk, the third of its kind in Africa and the First of its kind in East Africa. The 90m long and 50m tall walking platform offers rewarding views of animals, birds, butterfly and great flora. The activity is coordinated at Uwinka Visitor Center and it is very rewarding. You will return to the lodge for Lunch and relaxation before undertaking another memorable encounter in the evening to the tea estate of Gisakura. You will be amazed by the great views of tea plantations and further get astonished by the process of tea processing from the primary stages to the final product.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your lodge.
Day 6 of the 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking: Transfer back to Kigali.
After your relaxed late breakfast, you will embark on the drive back to Kigali 268km about 6 hours’ drive to mark the end of your 5 days Chimpanzee trekking encounter. You can visit the Art gallery at Rwesero and continue with your journey to Kigali city.
End of safari: 6 Days Rwanda Primate, Canopy walk Safari & Chimp Trekking
Your Safari Route
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162 – Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380 – Email; email@example.com Or info@firstname.lastname@example.org